Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland, IL 62249
Responsible for functional empirical analysis and design related to developing and implementing software operating systems for company products. This may include, but is not limited to, operating software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software. Involved in the development of testing strategies, software reliability studies for devices and systems, and standards for software documentation.
Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
- Essential Duties
- Create, modify, and maintain software for new and revised products.
- Assists in developing and tracking schedules for software development or revisions.
- Assists in the development of programming standards and practices.
- Uses software development tools such as assemblers, compilers, emulators, etc.
- Works with Design Engineer and/or Project Leader during the development of a new or revised design.
- Assist in the development of the definition of the software requirements, objectives, and modules for a new or revised design.
- Performs hardware design when required.
- Performs or assists others in software testing, or establishing software-testing requirements.
- Programs in Assembly, C, and/or other high-level language.
- Works with customers, users, and others to develop software-operating requirements or to troubleshoot/debug existing problems. This includes travel when required.
- Assists in the training of the software operation of a new or revised design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent plus one to three years of software design experience.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanation and discussions with customers and various levels of personnel.
- Operate computer keyboard.
- Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.