QA Technologist 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Geneva, IL 60134
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
QA Technologist 1st Shift
- Assists Quality Assurance Manager in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HACCP, SSOP, EV, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs to assure safe food handling practices, quality products, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform all quality testing as outlined in Quality Programs and ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Support with raw material, finished product holds, records, disposition and root cause analyses
- Sensory coordinator and manage sensory program as required
- CIP and Pest Control monitoring and record keeping
- Manage, provide guidance and support to the BBS/BBQ program
- Corrective /Preventive actions knowledge and understanding
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers and report all quality deviations to appropriate staff.
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas as needed.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function.
- Assist in overseeing the execution of all microbiological and chemical sampling, submission to third party lab and review and reporting of results.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Covers duties in the absence of QA Supervisor; Trains crew leader to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion.
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third party audits.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products.
- Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Provide technical assistance on projects and in the execution of specialized product tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality Manager
- Able and willing to work overtime and week-end when needed
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance, and Food Microbiology and Chemistry
- Excellent computer skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and SAP preferred
- Taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities
- Auditing skills
- Very good at performing accurate checks and maintained accurate records
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Approachable and team oriented, creating a positive work environmental
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Biology, or equivalent knowledge, analytical skills and communication ability acquired through working.
Geneva, Illinois, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/c49dv87888x7kh9v