Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Kelly Services is recruiting for a Packager and Utility Operator in manufacturing for a global chemical company in Elk Grove Village, IL. This is a long term assignment.
The Packager/Utility Operator must be able to work Monday – Friday rotating shift every 2 weeks; 6am – 2:30pm and 2pm-10:30pm.
Pay $18 an hour; with health benefit package, holiday pay and paid time off provided.
Summary of Job Duties for the Chemical Operator:
The Packer/Utility Operator will provide packaging, repacks, drumming, pailing. labeling, unload tank trucks, cycle counts and other production support duties in order to ensure safe production expectations are met.
The position requires strong communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Drumming/repack/pailing of materials (raw materials, intermediates, or finished goods) into different size and types of packaging.
- Unload tank trucks.
- Handle totes, 55 gallon drums, 5 gallon pails and various size bottles and cans.
- Labeling activities
- Cleaning parts in part washing tanks.
- Repackaging of materials both manually and by using pailing machine.
- Drumming out of solvents that may require use of fresh air respirators
- General Housekeeping, participation on LEAN projects, Paint activities etc
- Recording data related to packaging operations
- Hand truck and fork truck operation to support raw material movements and finishing operations
- Perform all work safely and injury-free. Must actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance and housekeeping
- Participate in daily meetings and attend all training days
- Perform duties according to operating procedures
- Support Cycle Count Activities
- Other duties as requested by management
Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
Fork Truck operation experience required and Valid Driver’s License
Strong communication skills and ability to work in team environment
Exceptional Attention to Detail
Mechanical Ability is a plus
Required to wear a full face respirator
Self motivating and hard working.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
Light to moderate physical effort required.
Lifting required occasionally of up to 50 pounds.
Bending, pushing and pulling required on a daily basis.
Required to wear appropriate PPE.
· Work performed in a plant environment.
· Exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, chemical and other elements.
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the submit your resume button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the submit your resume button included within.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm