Manager of Application Support and Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking to hire a Manager of Application Support and Development. This individual will work with Firm management in our Chicago office to drive the application architecture, methods, and capabilities designed to enable high performance across the Firm. The Manager of Application Support and Development will work closely with the Firm’s Chief Information Officer and other stakeholders to analyze and predict trends and develop long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness, develop the enterprise application strategy, service delivery standards and procedures and align the organization, systems and processes to successfully support the Firm.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Directs and leads database administrators, application developers and application support personnel across Chapman and Cutler
• Leads the development of enterprise application strategy, architecture, service delivery standards and procedures; enables innovation and identifies and implements IT trends that create maximum business value for Chapman and Cutler
• Participates in strategic planning processes with IS leadership team and collectively develops plans to address organizational priorities and goals and determines plans to address capability gaps
• Advises management on all areas related to advancements in technology that will benefit Chapman and Cutler and advises on research that will help the Firm position itself strategically in the realm of technological advancements
• Establishes effective software development, configuration, testing and maintenance methodologies
• Evaluates team members strengths and opportunities for growth, provides frequent performance feedback, actively trains team members and makes recommendations to management with respect to team staffing
• Oversees monitoring of all systems to ensure they meet or exceed Firm standards and maintains schedule of system maintenance
• Demonstrates well-established project management skills (on current and new projects) including planning, organizing, delegating and leading
• Leads cross-team, post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality and overall business results
• Serves as business liaison to outside vendors and engages with procurement on contracts
• Maintains application security, performs software/hardware upgrades and ensures that the applications and/or software is aligned to vendor specifications while also meeting the needs of Firm personnel
• Minimum 5-10 years of diversified IT experience, including application support, system analysis, design, testing, implementation and documentation
• 5+ years of experience successfully leading a team, including all aspects of people management
• Experience leading application development processes such as Agile, Scrum, use cases, user story mapping, code reviews, test strategies, test cases, regression testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing, with an ability to effectively apply those tools appropriately to the situation
• Experience with software management tools such as source code control, configuration management, continuous integration, automated builds, deployments, and rollback
• The ideal candidate will have led part of an IT organization in comparable customer focused organizations offering highly tailored solutions designed to enhance the customer and employee experience
• Proven experience as a business-focused, change-driving leader
• Ability to lead large-scale initiatives across organizational boundaries and demonstrate “added value” in efforts defining, establishing, and delivering business relevant, technically sound, affordable solutions
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to cultivate positive working relationships with external vendors as well as attorneys and staff at all levels of the Firm
• Oriented toward teamwork with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Strong and inspiring coach and leader; able to balance role of business strategist and technologist with a sense of urgency to deliver timely results
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Computer Science highly desired
• Law firm or other professional services firm experience preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.