Program Support Specialist -Volunteer Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60660
This position is responsible for general administration and support for the Volunteer Services Department. Primary duties include: database management (entering, reporting, etc.) along with front line communication abilities including: phone calls, email correspondence, website review, publications, etc. roles with an emphasis on customer service skills. Interfacing with other organizational departments is necessary while engaged with a spirit of collaboration. Being a professional team player is a necessary requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitate coordination and processing of applications (attention to detail is mandatory), often serving as the initial point of contact via many modes of communication. The ability to appropriately screen inquiries is important along with precise message taking that requires an appropriate attitude and respectful manner. Timely response to email and voice mail messages is expected. A positive, can-do approach is the normal expectation.
• Assist in ensuring all CJE Volunteers are in compliance with requirements—as indicated by guidelines and appropriate sanction determining bodies.
• Assist in accurately tracking volunteer engagement via Volgistics database—entering hours, generating reports, etc.
• Create a (internal/external) Policy and Procedure Manual for effective department operations.
• Provide logistical support when planning and prepping for department programs (on site or off-campus)—including registration, materials distribution, etc.
• Actively participate in planning and administering department’s Volunteer recognition program.
• Responsible monitoring, maintaining and ordering of supplies (office and marketing)—including initiating requests, as needed.
• Organization of all (electronic and paper) department files.
• Assist Manager with expense tracking
• Perform other administrative work as assigned.
Complies with safety policies and procedures; Adheres to laws regarding the protection, use, disclosure, and release of client and CJE business information; Attends required in services; Reports violations of law, regulations, policies, or procedures; Reports client abuse or neglect; Records documentation timely, accurately, and completely.
This position has responsibility for HIPAA compliance.
Exposure to blood borne pathogens is not likely to occur in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree, OR Associates Degree with an additional 1-2 years of relevant work experience OR for candidates with no college degree an additional 3-4 years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the scope of work outlined above.
Have the ability to read and write basic reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Have the capacity to effectively present, deliver or convey information and respond to questions from groups—of managers, clients, customers, and/or the general public.
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and other database software applications. Volgistics preferred.
• The selected individual must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently and have a strong sense of responsibility and a high customer service standard.
• The selected individual must have sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills and be adept at problem resolution.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and manage a variety of duties with efficiency and accuracy adhering to deadlines.
• Possible weekend and evening availability preferred.
• Demonstrate the desire to proudly represent and be the “face” of CJE SeniorLIfe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing select duties of this job (e.g., bringing and setting up materials to off-site programs), the employee is required to talk, hear, stand/sit for extended periods of time. The employee is required to stoop, reach above their head and walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and car for travel throughout the north side of the city and suburbs. Up to 25% travel may be required.
Displays behavior that creates a customer service culture at CJE by understanding the needs of our clients and customers and demonstrating a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.
All staff demonstrate CJE SeniorLIfe Values in their behaviors and work practices.
Respect—We recognize, honor and acknowledge the inherent value of each person for their wisdom, their culture, their background and their unique history.
Advocacy—We encourage public policy which will benefit our clients by educating ourselves and the community. Furthermore, we give voice to our clients needs and facilitate a positive action on their behalf.
Compassion—We treat everyone with caring, sensitivity, understanding, and supportive responsiveness.
Innovation—We continue to advance our knowledge and strive to develop, evaluate and implement new and advanced programming and models of care to bring benefits to our clients, community and broader older adult/health care environment.
Intention—We approach our work and each task with mindful consideration as to what we are doing and why we are doing it, as individuals and as an agency.
Accountability—We are responsible individually and as an Agency for honest, accurate work and interaction with others. We plan strategically and provide measurable quality care with clear fiscal and ethical responsibility.
CJE SeniorLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer.