Cook - Part-Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
The Springs of Vernon Hills is an Established Dementia care facility where we pride ourselves in our philosophy of Care. Our interaction with our residents are specifically created to promote dignity and respect. We strive to incorporate a familiarity and balance into each resident’s experience, ensuring a deserved contentment and cherished sense of belonging.
- Part time
- Week days and weekend availability
Under the direction of the Food Services Director, help to manage the operation of the Food Services Department. Including food ordering and accountability, preparation, food delivery and cleanliness in accordance with appropriate health department regulations. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be formally trained in the culinary arts, or have equivalent experience in the culinary arts.
- Must be able to relate positively to residents and families, and to work cooperatively with other employees and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Residents, families, staff, community officials, referral sources and the general public.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular, reliable attendance.
- Must meet all state health requirements.
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by state regulations).
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Help Food Services Director schedule staff. Assist in orienting new staff. Ensure equipment is maintained and work areas are clean, safe and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any transgression.
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner. See that appropriate snacks are available to residents with special dietary needs. Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment, and work areas are cleaned properly and in a timely manner. Store food properly.
- Attend all required in-service training.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.