Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Job Title: Supervisor, FSQA
The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by supervising QA Technicians to effectively implement food safety and quality procedures and meeting all regulatory, customer, and ARYZTA requirements.
The QA Supervisor is responsible for implementing and monitoring food safety and quality assurance procedures and ensuring operations is in compliance with best practices for food safety and quality. The QA Supervisor reports to the QA Manager and provides leadership directly to their team (exempt and/or non-exempt).
- Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
- Responsible for complying with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF)
- Responsible for documentation, control, and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer requirements
- Works to reduce customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site using root cause analysis, corrective actions and preventive measures
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Assurance Technicians including training and development of team and clear identification of objectives to meet the bakery needs
- Reports food safety and quality issues, corrective actions, and preventive measures to the QA Manager
- Authorized to hold and release product based on food safety or quality non-conformance
- Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects and provide direction for improvement
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
- Ability to work different shifts and weekends
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 548669001A2
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.