Electrical CAD Drafter
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60532
Patrick Engineering is a nationwide engineering and design, construction management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies, private and public utilities, and Fortune 500 companies.
We offer excellent benefits, compensation programs, and career development opportunities. We are always seeking exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients.
We have the following position available:
Electrical CAD Drafter
The CAD Drafter/Designer responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop Electrical Design Drawings with aid from engineers.
- Develop and understand the electrical design markups from the engineers.
- Work on existing composite (raster plus vector) files, as well as creating new drawings.
- Create sheets in paper space from model space masters.
- Create libraries of cells/blocks.
Qualified candidates have the potential to develop into an electrical designer position. Projects range from: substation design and medium voltage electrical design including one lines, three lines, AC/DC schematics, plan and profile layout drawings, cable and conduit layout drawings and interconnection drawings.
Demonstrated Proficiency in:
- Effective client interactions, and management of client relationships.
- Successful Business development activities.
- Taking ownership of projects, following projects through to completion with a high attention to detail and quality.
- Independently evaluating, selecting and applying standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- The ability and flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Meeting deliverable deadlines while assuring compliance with established scope of work.
- Meeting and exceeding client satisfaction, project team satisfaction and business unit expectations.
Required Technical Skills:
- Solid technical background in electrical drafting.
- Proficient in use of Microstation and AutoCAD. Work with raster and vector composite files, and reference files.
- High school (some college preferred).
- 2+ plus years of experience
- Ability to work with a large number of designers and engineers and accompany designers/engineers in the field for data collection.
- Able to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Any Licenses or registrations
- Thorough knowledge of project management.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in the area of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience in leadership and have good interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas.
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a multi-discipline team and effectively interact with clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized,), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.