Master System Integrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Job ID: R84088
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master System Integrator
The Systems Integration will support/lead the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems with a focus on delivering efficient, reliable, resilient, scalable, and high performing solutions. The resource is accountable for partnering with various teams (internal and 3rd party technical teams) in identifying options, driving reviews and detailed analysis, developing solutions and providing technical direction.
- Manages complex troubleshooting efforts that cross multiple platforms and technical disciplines
- Strong understanding of the business. Able to quickly understand business needs and translate these needs into technical solutions
- Implements standard patterns and solutions to increase design and implementation efficiency
- Recognizes and implements automation opportunities
- Actively solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements
- Assimilate information and requirements from a variety of sources into one comprehensive view
- Very strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT, third party vendors, and business partners
- Learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
- Translate requirements into technical specs for core IT teams to figure out how we are going to reach a solution
- Manage multiple tasks / projects in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Focus on reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the solution
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with teams to find creative solutions
- Educate team members (including BSA’s, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- Understanding of common network protocols, system admin and application development
- Agile Development Methodology experience strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
- At least 6 years of experience in Data Development
- At least 5 years of experience working on Data Integrations
- At least 5 years in an internal or external consulting experience.
- 5+ years’ Credit Card billing experience
- 4+ years’ experience with Relational Database solutions and SQL
- 2+ years’ experience Credit Card Processing Operations (Origination, Customer Management, Collections, Fraud, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience with Client Facing Interaction
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.