Manager of Analytics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Manager of Analytics
Oversee analytics related to value-based contracting and guide identification of variance in cost and use. Work closely with Managers of Practice Transformation and Quality & Performance to provide financial and analytical support. Support Director of Operations in developing materials for LCHPCIN Finance Committee. Provide programmatic reporting on key initiatives, market analyses (e.g. specialty network leakage), and assist Director of Operations as needed. The Manager of Analytics oversees the preparation of cost and use rate reports, the value-based incentive reimbursement process, and oversees and conducts analyses for department personnel. Performs required analytical and project management functions for the CIN. Supports the implementation, development and maintenance of databases related to cost/use analytics. Works with LCHPCIN management team to identify opportunities for improving results under value-based contracts and provides guidance to direct reports on how to most effectively disseminate the resulting information.
- Manage and supervise analytics team. Delegate responsibilities and projects to staff as appropriate.
- Participate in and manage cost and use rate analysis and reports from claims information obtained from third party payors in order to pursue maximizing financial opportunities under the value-based contracts.
- Provide data, analyses, and other related information required for preparation of payor contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate preparation of the incentive distribution reports and payor-specific quarterly performance scorecards.
- Support management team with data in order to facilitate process improvements within the department.
- Provide consultative support to other departments through financial analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Assist the Executive Director, Medical Director and Director of Operations on short- and long-range planning and strategic development as appropriate for LCHPCIN.
- Monitors and follows-up on reporting provided by payors related to incentive arrangements. Able to identify key actions necessary to maximize opportunities and share findings with CIN management and board committees.
- Manage and conduct analysis of fee schedules and reimbursement rates, and develop financial impact of contract proposals in coordination with CIN management.
- Work with external vendors for business intelligence software to ensure that system is up to date regarding paid claims, and maintain reconciliation of claims processed and loaded.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards, demonstrates knowledge of the current functionality of computer systems and promotes a harmonious working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master’s degree in Health care, Business Administration, finance or related field OR degree in actuarial science. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field acceptable if accompanied by high quality and appropriate work experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in health care financial analytics with strong understanding of health care financial structures and ability to analyze payor claims data, including understanding of coding.
- Demonstrates excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills. Can effectively communicate high-level conclusions extracted from detailed analysis.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.