Manager, Retail e-Commerce
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
SUMMARY: The Retail eCommerce Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing Mizkan’s Retail eCommerce business across the Mizkan portfolio. Mizkan’s strategy is to build industry leadership in eCommerce by delivering superior experiences that earn us “digital-first position” with Customers, Shoppers, and in the hearts and minds of Consumers.This position owns the Amazon relationship across all of the different formats (Fresh delivery, Amazon.com, Amazon Go, and any other relevant verticals) and is responsible for other “Pure Play” eRetailers(those retailers with no stores, like Instacart or Drizly). The Retail eCommerce Manager is also responsible for building and leading a network of “brick & click” customer teams, like Kroger, with the objective of training and supporting other Mizkan teams as their retailers establish eCommerce businesses
Finally, this role also works closely with Mizkan’s Walmart team in development and execution of annual joint business planning with Walmart.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and execute eCommerce strategic annual sales and marketing plans for the key customers, ie Walmart.com, Amazon, Kroger, Instacart, etc.
o Leveraging Mizkan’s Shopper Insights team to provide insights-based rationale for plans
· Drive profitable volume growth by developing, collaborating, and executing eCommerce strategies for Mizkan’s Pure Play retailer partners like Instacart, Fresh Direct, etc. Develop and lead a “Brick & Click”, ie Kroger, network to enable customer teams’ success who are managing both store-based and online businesses.
o The Retail eCommerce Manager is responsible for ensuring the eCommerce “fundamentals” are executed with excellence across Pure Play and our “Must Win” Brick & Click retailers.
· Optimize the content strategy and leverage how, where, and when content is integrated into the shopping experience
· Develop mid- to long-term plans for optimizing the e-commerce business and the talent required to execute strategies.
· Define e-commerce features and functionality through Retailer sites and click-to-cart optimizations on Mizkan portfolio websites
· Develop ongoing analytics dashboards to drive insights and then drivers and implications driven by the analytics to make data-driven site decisions. Create a suite of reporting tools that allow for easy, intuitive reporting to all key stakeholders along with actionable insights.
· Collaboratively work with eCommerce Agency, Shopper Marketing, Media Agency to develop a monthly and quarterly eCommerce merchandising and marketing plans.
· Work cross-functionally with Mizkan HQ personnel to align marketing, S&OP, and the Mizkan customer teams, to ensure that established goals are met and expectations are exceeded
· Manage vendor contracts and partner with additional third-party vendors to identify and apply solutions as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a CPG environment; minimum of 3-5 years dedicated eCommerce experience required (food industry experience preferred)
· Experience building strategy and overseeing execution across different platforms
· Strong working knowledge of digital measurement tools including expertise in site analytics tools
o Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Content Analytics, WebCollage, Nielsen, Brandbank, Power Reviews, Amazon Vendor Central, Walmart Retail Link & Supplier Center
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision and/or goal
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience working effectively with all levels of management and team members
· Depth of experience developing a roster of 3rd party vendors, manager vendor contracts and plan budgets effectively
· Travel: Up to 10 domestic trips annually