Embedded/SoC/HDL Systems Product Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Novi, MI 48375
We are seeking a Design Engineer that understands both Embedded Software and Hardware development. Knowledge of common programming languages such as C/C++ and also Verilog and VHDL is one of the requirements for this position. A successful candidate would also be familiar with Systems Engineering and have knowledge of Simulink and MATLAB.
As a technical member of the sales team, you will be responsible for interacting with prospective customers, generating excitement, confidence and passion for the usage of Model-Based-Design within their organization. Model-Based-Design includes the use of MathWorks’ MATLAB, Simulink and HDL Coder products for deployment in complex control and algorithmic applications.
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based-Design deployments ensuring successful revenue growth in these important markets.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features toward giving customers a clear perspective on the value of the products.
- Establish technical procedures designed to ease the rollout of capabilities and solutions for solving complex deployment problems.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentations and planning discussions is required (up to %10). Occasional international travel may also be required.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- Proficiency with HDL
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- This position requires “US Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink for signal processing and/or hardware development including:
- Embedded signal processing hardware development
- Knowledge of related technologies including one or more of the following: detailed usage of simulation applications, HDL simulation, synthesis and implementation tools, performance trade-offs between resources, processing speed and power
- Familiarity with Video and Image processing systems, common processing methods and applications used
- Expert level in C/C++ programming concepts or HDL design and verification
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans leading to the successful deployment of MathWorks solutions
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands
- Prior automatic code generation tool experience
- Fixed-point development experience
- Tools development experience
- Advanced video and Image processing application experience
- RADAR systems knowledge
- Knowledge of System Verilog and hardware verification
- At least 2 years of system level design of digital hardware for numeric application (FPGA/ASIC)
- At least 2 years of MATLAB or Simulink experience
- Experience with working in a customer-facing role