Parts Clerk, Maintenance - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Chicago, IL 60185
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Parts Clerk, Maintenance – 1st Shift
Under direct supervision, is responsible for receiving and organizing parts and tools following established procedures, issuing parts to maintenance mechanics, and maintaining accurate inventory through effective record-keeping practices.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Receive maintenance shipments and review shipping lists for accuracy as compared to purchase orders and route for approval and payment within payment timelines. Retain documents in compliance with organization’s record retention policy.
- Working with information from Maintenance, Engineering and Production, identify and establish appropriate parts inventory levels. Enter parts and supply inventory requirements, purchases, and usage into established record keeping tools; conduct reviews of inventory levels to ensure record keeping accuracy and sufficient supply levels as required.
- Issue part from inventory to maintenance mechanic for machine repairs. Generate parts pick lists and issue required parts to work orders and preventative maintenance task.
- Enter and update a variety of data within the asset management system including, but not limited to, detailed equipment and parts information, preventive maintenance schedules, and completed preventative maintenance activities.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining maintenance department tools; clean and maintain maintenance department tools and equipment so that they remain in good working condition to meet safety and replacement frequency requirements; and distribute and record the distribution of high-value company owned tools to mechanics while ensuring that such tools are returned.
- Comply with established employment, safety, good manufacturing practices, quality, and other facility workplace policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent reading, writing, verbal and mathematics skills.
- Ability to read and write English
- 1-3 years experience working in a manufacturing facility’s maintenance department, Preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Ability to work with a personal computer and accurately enter data into spreadsheets or functional specific software.
Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory control procedures
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/599fcjgjhd9vkr62