Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Develops reports using advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Analyzes competitor data and verifies pricing.
• Prepares documents with high level of accuracy.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of the company and Buying department to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company and department policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree in Business or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Selects an optimal course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem.
• Proficient in Microsoft Access.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Effective organizational and time management skills to deliver on-time and accurate analysis; maximizes productivity and effectiveness.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Understands the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
+ Industry-leading Wages
+ Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
+ Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
+ 401(k) Plan
+ Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
+ Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
+ Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.