3rd Shift Topping Prod Slicer Op
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads stick of pepperoni to Pepamatic/ Pendulum heads.
- Monitors applicator settings and assures that the product has the proper appearance.
- Assures that the final product has the right quality attributes.
- Recommends changes or problems to the Lead or the Supervisor.
- Assures that proper attire is worn i.e. plastic apron and sleeve guards.
- Assures that all necessary equipment is ready and available for any change over or start-up.
- Reports any deviancies from product specifications immediately to the Lead or the Supervisor.
- Completes all respective paperwork accurately.
- Assists in breaks and lunches.
- Maintains area free of debris and rework.
- Understands and performs all operations of the slicer machine and control panel, i.e. setup, running, stopping to clear jams, adjusting and changing knives and troubleshooting problems.
- Performs or assists maintenance on minor repairs or adjustments.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Skills and Experience:
- One to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of diverse individuals within the plant.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, formulas, and policy and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write standard information into related paperwork.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including but not limited to pounds, ounces, grams, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and temperatures.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move 51-100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to cold conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The Topping Production Slicer Operator will report directly to the Topping Production Supervisor.
Nation Pizza and Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals who can perform their essential job functions with or without such accommodation.