Body Shop Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Summit, IL 60501
We are looking for a full-time Body Shop Technician to join our team. The purpose of this role is to repair the body of the truck. We have both first and second shifts available.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow supervisors’ instructions as to which parts to restore or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Prime and paint repaired surfaces, using paint sprayguns and motorized sanders.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Chain or clamp frames and sections to alignment machines that use hydraulic pressure to align damaged components.
- Fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder.
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Must own necessary tools.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts of vehicle/trucks.
- Understand and comply with all laws and regulations regarding paint, paint thinners, and other hazardous materials pertaining to use, storage and disposal.
- Experience with repairing and painting fiberglass.
- Welding, frame & unibody straightening capability.
- Keen eye for details and quality results of the vehicle/trucks.
- Must be agile enough to work inside cabs and engine housings.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL preferred.
- ASE certified in truck body repair a plus.
Technical school graduate or applicable experience.