Senior Content Writer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
You’re a natural born problem solver and creative wordsmith who thrives on developing compelling content and dynamic sales presentations. You love learning about healthcare, the business of healthcare and collaborating on a vision for how to grow a business in healthcare. Working with a multi-functional team to create content for the web and integrated marketing campaigns is where you shine. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you.
What will your day look like?
You’ll hold a key role on the Brand Strategy Team, collaborating with smart, passionate people to plan and create relevant content that connects with our healthcare audience. You’ll put yourself in the mindset of our customers and develop a deep understanding of their everyday needs and challenges. You’ll learn about innovative products and the technology that makes them unique and helps improve patient outcomes. You’ll brainstorm campaign ideas that align with the Creative Strategy Brief and brand positioning. You’ll partner with designers to develop imagery that brings your words to life. And of course, you’ll do what you do best: write great content that captures the brand voice, demonstrating Medline’s expertise and empathy for its customers.
Every day, we’re on a mission to make healthcare run better. And we’ve been doing it for over 50 years in almost every country around the world. Our culture: we think work should bring out the best in people. A place where your brain is constantly being challenged and the opportunities to grow and learn are limitless.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Writing clear and engaging content to frame how we talk about our products, services and solutions
- Creating the right content and cadence so that it’s aligned with the business strategy and brand positioning
- Identifying, acquiring and repurposing content for specific marketing channels
- Supporting the creative development and writing of additional resources including video scripts, case studies, tip sheets, digital communications, assessments and more
What makes you a great fit?
- Creative Content Development:
- Asks questions and carefully reviews all information from clients to ensure information is accurate, thorough and fully understood
- Partners closely with team to develop and present ideas that help the business achieve specific goals
- Manages written content from conceptual stage through final production
- Able to change course and adjust ideas to address new feedback and guidance
- Skilled at Translating:
- Takes ownership and embraces complex medical concepts, translating that information into clear, concise and interesting content
- Ensures that everything is valuable to both the business and the audience
- Reviews analytics, spotting patterns and trends, drawing conclusions and recommending action
- Understands the brand well enough to infuse content that’s true to our brand voice and personality
- Professional Background:
- At least 5 years of relevant content strategy, content development or marketing experience with B2B healthcare/medical
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, marketing communications, journalism, English or relevant field of study
Still not convinced?
Our state-of-the-art campus in Northfield, Illinois is just 15 miles from Chicago. Every office space is artfully designed to encourage collaboration and idea sharing. We have an on-site fitness center with basketball court, running track and outdoor running path. And we’re on the list of 100 Best Companies to work for—for more about Medline, check us out at medline.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO