Analyst Sr, II - Internal Audit Support
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
- Lead internal control compliance and alteration activities for the Company; identify opportunities to improve operational process and control efficiency and effectiveness, as well as evaluate accounting, compliance, and governance practices where relevant.
- Manage the Company?s Section 404 certification program for assigned processes including scope review, process documentation, and control identification; evaluate effectiveness of key internal controls and support management?s assessment of deficiencies.
- Support Corporate Compliance and Disclosure in evaluating risks and effectiveness of management?s processes and risk mitigation plans.
- Prepare materials (as applicable) regarding status of Sarbanes Oxley certification program, findings, and other accomplishments / topics.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with key internal stakeholders, including the senior management team.
- Collaborate with external auditors regarding risk assessment and management?s Sarbanes Oxley approach and results.
- Lead special corporate or department projects as needed/directed.
- Use technology to continually improve team work flow and testing approaches.
- Understand and stay abreast of accounting, audit, business, economic, and industry developments and their impact on the Company.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, ICOFR and COSO 2013.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation).
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels and across all functions throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or related business discipline required
- 4+ years of progressive accounting and/or internal controls experience required (at least 2 years of Big 4 or public accounting experience preferred)
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Experience in identifying risks associated with processes (risk assessment), identifying internal controls within a process and performing gap analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio preferred
- Minimal domestic and international travel may be required: approximately 0% – 5%???????
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor?s legal duty to furnish information.