Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Genetic Counselor will provide a critical service to individuals and families considering undergoing genetic testing by helping them identify their risks for certain disorders, investigate family history, interpret information and determine if testing is needed. Genetic Counselor at Reproductive Genetics Innovations (RGI) plays an integral role at patient care.
Genetic Counselor’s responsibilities include responding to inquiries about the services offered from patients and physicians, consultations with patients to explain the process of preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), and coordination of PGT care for patients for various indications (single gene disorders, translocations, aneuploidy testing), and helping to obtain insurance pre-authorization for PGT services. Specifically, we provide each family with summary letter of consultation, coordinate collecting DNA samples and consent forms from family members, as well as necessary documentation for each case, and also report the results of any PGT testing. As RGI works with patients across the United States and internationally, we primarily utilize phone and e-mail communication skills.
Particular duties include:
• Obtain and review medical records for feasibility of preimplantation genetic testing (PGT);
• Obtain personal and family health history, describing the process of PTD to families through telephone counseling, documenting all communications, and providing letters of medical necessity to insurance as needed;
• Provide case coordination and management of PGT testing between patient and numerous In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) centers nationally and internationally;
• Handle sole responsibility for IVF centers in Egypt, Germany, and Argentina
• Reviewing and reporting PGT results to patients and IVF centers;
• Maintain follow-up information in database on all current and previous patients;
• Update marketing materials and create new EMR database system;
• Maintain database of case information and collect and analyze data for research and publication purposes.