A&P Mechanic IV
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62707
This is a 2nd shift position.
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P.
• Responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
• Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered aircraft.
• Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
• Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
• Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document discrepancies (squawks).
• Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
• May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
• Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directive as required.
• Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
• Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
• Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges and calibration test equipment.
• Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
• May perform other duties as required by the department.