Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
1st Shift, Tuesday ? Saturday
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Specialist, Logistics, your attention to the small details and strong work ethic will ensure our operations continue to run smoothly. You?ll play a critical role in helping us continue to deliver superior service to our customers. Become a part of our rapidly growing team and we’ll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor drivers and equipment to ensure daily transportation operations run safely, efficiently and on time
- Assist in the development, planning and modification of daily schedules as appropriate and make notifications to customer service and the operations manager as to the status of shipments
- Properly monitor shipments for customers to ensure on time, accurate, and satisfactory deliveries
- Correctly troubleshoot and proactively resolve shipment discrepancies as needed
- Proactively communicate with customers, employees, and the management team to ensure necessary requirements are met
- Correctly enter data into transportation management system, and maintain and generate required reports; properly process, audit, and file various documentation
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- 1 year of logistics experience
- General knowledge of the transportation industry
It?d be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
- Experience with both imports and exports for Ocean and Air transportation
- Experience with international load planning on inbound and outbound U.S. shipments
- Knowledge of shipping software (Oracle Transportation Management)
- Working knowledge of managing international tariffs and rates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Be part of something big. #LI-RL1
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.