Cloud Systems Engineer - ENTERPRISE DATA ANALYTICS, Full-time - 41960
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
The Cloud Systems Engineer/Administrator will be part of the Data Innovation and Analytics Lab (DIAL). Responsible for maintaining the Enterprise Data Warehouse and building out related infrastructure on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Applies systems administration duties in a virtual cloud based environment. Manages cloud based storage and database systems. Helps architect applications to create an environment between public cloud systems with on-premises enterprise systems with regards to Single Sign-On, Identity management, networking, security, and role-based access, etc.
The Cloud Systems Engineer/Administrator will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Cloud Systems Engineer/Administrator will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Cloud Systems Engineer/Administrator:
- Assists in the management of a cloud services platform on an AWS or related environment by working in conjunction with Infrastructure, Dev Ops and Engineering groups.
- Leads the efforts on the development of cloud architectures that address business problems and accelerates the adoption of cloud services.
- Educates the organization on best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- Designs public cloud architectures for large scale, mission critical applications and high-transaction workloads.
- Designs technologies and solutions for effective resource allocation, automated application deployment, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Chief Data Officer as part of the Data Innovation and Analytics Lab (DIAL).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience using skills as a seasoned professional in designing and deploying AWS and/or Google cloud environments.
- Understanding of the challenges of large scale cloud deployment, upgrades, backups and security.
- Design and implementation experience with distributed applications
- Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Experience with systems administration in Linux and Windows
- Experience in networking including infrastructure and database architecture
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.