Language Interpreter - Interpreter Services, Arabic (Certification needed), Registry - 42582
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
The Language Interpreter is responsible for providing interpretation services to patients, family members throughout the SRAlab System of Care.
The Language Interpreter will consistently demonstrate support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Language Interpreter will demonstrate SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Language Interpreter will:
- Provide interpretation for patients, caregivers throughout the SRAlab System of Care to ensure patients receive full benefit of treatment.
- Translate clinical and procedural documents by providing an oral translation into the language of the patient
- Written translation of documents.
- Work independently to assess the level of patient language interpretation needs.
- Assist employees in understanding cultural differences and how language barriers may impact patient care.
- Work with other full-time Spanish interpreters to collaborate on inpatient and outpatient schedules and assignment of registry and agency interpreters.
- Act as liaison to registry interpreters
- Provide scheduling coverage in absence of Spanish interpreters and Business Support Manager.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRAlab .
- Reports directly to Business Support Manager, Interpreter Services
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Successful completion of a formal program in medical interpreting and translation with medical interpretation certificate.
- Progressive experience in medical translation and interpretation including working with diverse organizations, multi-cultural environments.
- Demonstrated accurate ability to interpret verbal and transcribe written medical and rehabilitative information in both the foreign language as well as English language.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding or cultural differences that exist within cultures.
- Adherence to code of ethics and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, decision making ability to manage caseload and time; ability to maintain professionalism and intervene when necessary; ability to prioritize work schedule.
- Ability to manage caseload and time; able to travel between patient care areas and off-site facilities.
- Ability to balance interpretation and administrative work.
- Ability to sustain a busy and flexible work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.