Principal Cybersecurity Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverwoods, IL 60015
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As we continue to build out our detective tools and capabilities, we are looking for talented, self-motivated, and experienced professionals who have a strong passion for designing and deploying solutions to hunt down and identify anomalous and malicious activity. We are interested in people who enjoy being challenged on a daily basis to stay one step ahead of an ever-changing landscape of threats and adversaries. Whether you’re a seasoned SOC analyst or a security engineer in search of a unique and exciting challenge, we are looking for new team members to join us in guarding our enterprise as the last and ultimate line of defense.
Responsibility of the role is to design the Cybersecurity roadmap, contain potential breaches, conduct digital forensics, anddeliver highly-complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. Drive Cybersecurity framework, roadmap, program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design.
Analyze competitive strategies, cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contribute to robust and
innovative strategic solutions and build resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance
the control environment and executive decision-making.
- Acts as the principal advisor to upper management in Cybersecurity matters. Provides guidance to Cybersecurity architects in the design and development of security solutions, consistent with business goals and risk tolerance. Works closely with business analysts, engineers, and architects to ensure security requirements are effectively met through all phases of system lifecycles. Determines whether systems perform as expected, provides input to the determination of operational effectiveness, and takes action to remediate issues and resolve gaps. Directs security solutions and technical assurance in alignment with business risk and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Provides strong leadership and direction to team members. Provides subject matter expertise across all Cybersecurity technologies. Oversees Cybersecurity projects and initiatives to ensure complete and timely delivery of key objectives.
- Identifies, evaluates, and remediates potential vulnerabilities, and develops cyber solutions, internal processes, and standards for threat intelligence workflow. Contains potential breaches, conducts digital forensics, and submits an independent, classified incident review to senior leadership. Articulates defensive security measures, defines new security requirements, and develops mitigation techniques to maximize protection and preservation of the brand. Advises leadership on an entire range of risk matters facing the department and ensures the mitigation of operational risks. Resolves conflicts in laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Resolves and remediates security issues and/or vulnerabilities. Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners, and external vendors. Provides oversight for team direction, tactical responsibilities, and effective controls.
- Designs metrics models and develops advanced capabilities to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation. Develops unique cybersecurity performance and risk indicators to maintain constant awareness of the status of the highly dynamic operating environment. Develops assessment plans and measures risk performance for effective dashboard reporting. Conducts strategic and operational effectiveness assessments as required for cyber events, and regulatory and audit reviews.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security , Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field
- Experience with SIEM & UBA/UEBA platforms
- 8+ years of experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience with related certifications: CISSP/GIAC
- PMP, CEH, GIAC, CISM, CISSP
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.