Senior Construction Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rosemont, IL 60018
Senior Construction Engineer
Senior Construction Engineer (153490)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Construction Engineer, we’ll count on you to:
- Provide engineering expertise and management oversight for the development and construction of various quality construction projects
- Prepare project budgets and schedules
- Take responsibility for personnel matters, workload management, monitoring consultant service contracts and establishing optimum engineering practices to serve the client’s project delivery efforts
- Plan, prepare and analyze documents, and manage construction contracts
- Forecast and track fiscal budget and cash flow for total workforce, facilities, vehicles, equipment and other resources necessary to deliver the assigned highway construction projects
- Assist various crafts, disciplines and subcontractors in executing their respective work
- Coordinate and manage project quality assurance and control, and inspection services
- Coordinate and manage survey and layout work in the field
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field
- 10 years related experience in various aspects of construction including estimating, bidding, preparing purchase orders and subcontracts, scheduling, and field engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and AutoCAD, Prolog, Primavera P3 or Sure Trak, Timberline or other scheduling software
- Experience developing and managing construction engineering and inspection programs
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.