Civil Engineer/ Roadway
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60532
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Civil Engineer (Roadway)
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a Roadway Engineer position in the Lisle, Illinois office (Chicago Region).
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA. We are .#3 in the Mid-Size Employer category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For in Illinois for 2019.
This person is expected to be in a key role on roadway and intersection design projects. Position requires the ability to serve as responsible design engineer for project components and to coordinate with other design disciplines. It is important that this position can support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. Projects will generally involve roadway and highway design projects for local governments, state departments of transportation, toll authorities, and private clients.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Design of urban and rural roadways and intersections including complete streets, pedestrians, intersection geometrics, bicycle lanes/paths, and driveways. Experienced in 3D modeling and cross section development utilizing Open Roads Corridor Modeler. Developing construction documents. Preparing quantity calculations, cost estimates, and special provisions. Utility coordination and permit development. Roadside safety design. Maintenance of traffic design. Collaborating with other design disciplines, project engineers, and discipline leads. Managing technical tasks and design team (including technical tasks, budgets, and schedule). Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microstation and PowerGeopak (OpenRoads SS4) software, required.
- Experience with one or more of the following is desirable: Autoturn, RSAP, IHSDM, ISATe, AutoCAD/Civil3D
- Mentoring and managing junior technical staff, including training recommendations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to present complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and public stakeholders.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to assist on project pursuits.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on roadway design and related projects.
- Professional Engineer license (IL) or be able to reciprocate a license from another state within 6 months.
- Familiarity with Illinois Tollway and IDOT design criteria
- Experience with ADA and PROWAG requirements.
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet project demands when needed
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS