Technology Internship Program - Summer 2020
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Job ID: R79625
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technology Internship Program – Summer 2020
At Capital One, we consider ourselves the bank a technology company would build. We’re delivering best-in-class innovation so that our 65 million customers – and counting – can manage their finances with ease. Our reality and vision empower our engineers to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform real-time data, software, and algorithms into financial clarity. That’s what sets us apart – and we want you to join our journey.
We’re all-in on the cloud and are a leader in the adoption of open source, RESTful APIs, microservices, and containers. We build our own products and release them with a speed and agility that allows us to get new customer experiences to market quickly. We’re going boldly where no bank has gone before. And, as a founder-led company, we’re inspired to make, break, do, and do good. . Want to learn more? Check out the low-down on our high-tech -
Who You Are:
- You’re excited by a team environment.
- You are curious. You like to learn new technologies, and you adapt well to change.
- You are passionate about current state-of-the-art software technologies and tools, with experience implementing them effectively.
- You are excited about working with cloud-native stack, building on AWS using technologies like Kubernetes and Serverless.
- You possess a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn.
- You are motivated and actively looking for ways to contribute.
- You are passionately focused on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional.
- You value data and truth over ego.
- You possess a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, take pride in the code for which you’re responsible.
- You’re pragmatic – you make the best use of time and resources to find the simplest workable solution.
- You think and act like an owner, taking personal responsibility for both team and product success.
- You possess great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to influence and make a strong case for technology choices.
- You thrive in collaborativeagileteams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of engineering solutions.
We recruit for three technical roles within our Technology Internship Program:
- Chart the digital frontier in one of our Mobile (Native), Web, or API developments
- Build out our analytic capabilities using modern data technologies
- Deploy robust data products and services, as well as enable rich visualization, data exploratory, and machine learning capabilities
- Use open-source technologies (Serverless, Kubernetes, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Go, Python, NoSQL databases, etc.) and deploy applications in the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Cyber Security Engineer
- Support cyber security monitoring and response capabilities to thwart attacks on Capital One
- Develop your skills in a variety of areas including security operations, penetration testing, malware analysis and building and supporting emerging security solutions emerging security solutions to protect and empower the Capital One workforce
Here is what to expect during your 10 week internship:
- A challenging role where you’ll collaborate with a diverse and passionate team of talented engineers
- Engaging executive speakers and opportunities to interact closely with senior leadership
- Training & development sessions to build out your skillset on topics such iOS and Android, Web Development, AWS, Open Source Big Data tools, Security, Voice Driven Applications, and more
- Intern-wide hackathons and events
- Fun social, networking, and volunteer events with other college interns
We’re here to help you gain knowledge both on the job and in the classroom. Our engineers have access to continuous learning through our very own Tech College, a world-class learning hub that offers both online and in-person classes across 13 disciplines-Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Mobile Development, Machine Learning & AI, to name a few.
Life at Capital One
Our associates flourish in our open culture where diversity of ideas and collective wisdom prevail. We proudly bring together associates with different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to challenge the status quo.
We are dedicated to fulfilling and supporting each member of our team. We’re focused on helping associates live well-physically, financially and emotionally. When you join us, we support you and those who are most important to you, offering full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents.
We’ve designed our benefits program to be flexible, comprehensive and consistent across our organization. From health and fitness centers and discounts, to training and professional development programs-and much more-you’ll discover that Capital One is committed to helping you live your best life.
This is a paid internship.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained between December 2020 and August 2021
- Bachelor’s degree or higher obtained between December 2020 and August 2021 in a technical and/or quantitative discipline, including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.