Universal Design Technical Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dixon, IL 61021
Sauk Valley Community College seeks innovative individual for a part-time opening as the Universal Design Technical Assistant.
FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Assist the College in formatting online resources to meet ADA regulations; transcribe audio to text; use captioning tools to synchronize text to audio; create audio description for video; upload audio and video files to the College Learning Management System; structure and format documents to meet Universal Design standards; cooperate with faculty to provide alternative text descriptions for images.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with formatting online resources to meet ADA regulations.
2. Transcribe audio tracks to text and use captioning tools to synchronize text to audio.
3. Create audio description for the College’s video assets.
4. Upload audio and video files to the College Learning Management System.
5. Structure and format documents to meet Universal Design standards.
6. Cooperate with faculty to provide alternative text descriptions for images.
7. Perform accessibility testing for websites and software as directed.
Associate’s degree in English, Special Education, or CIS; computer competency. Higher education experience, assistive technology experience, and three years experience with technology preferred.
SVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who would enhance the diversity of the College. Sauk Valley Community College is an institution of higher education that provides quality learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of its students and communities.