Senior Solutions Architect - Security Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60607
Are you passionate about cloud computing with a special focus on information security and compliance? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you like helping organizational leaders think through how to secure services in the AWS Cloud? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a security and compliance solutions architect to work with our US based Commercial Sector customers to solve and address their Security and Identity questions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to develop the internal security and compliance expertise needed to deliver results.
Will also consider candidates in Boston, NY, Herndon, Chicago.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with AWS Commercial sector customers to convey cloud computing security, compliance, and risk management best practices
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying secure and compliant cloud-based solutions
- Provide mentorship across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams regarding Security and Identity to build skills in the field
- Working with regulators and governments to better understand compliance models in the cloud
- Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and workshops
- 7+ years of experience in the design, implementation and operation of complex systems
- 5+ years of experience in an information security or compliance role
- 1+ years experience with the cloud computing business model
- 1+ years experience with compliance frameworks such as NIST, CIS, HIPAA
- 3+ years of hands on experience deploying or supporting traditional security infrastructure such as WAF, IDS/IPS or SIM tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age