Senior Manager, Process & Analytics Lead - Diversi
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Job ID: R85844
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Process & Analytics Lead – Diversified Industries Underwriting & Portfolio Management
Capital One is a Top 10 U.S. Commercial Bank that services a $65 billion loan portfolio and more than 6,100 clients. Capital One’s Diversified Industries Group (U.S. Corp/Mid-Corp/Sponsor) group provides financing to medium to large companies for mergers and acquisitions, corporate growth, balance sheet re-financings and recapitalizations. The Diversified Industries Underwriting & Portfolio Management (DI UW&PM) covers the Sponsor Finance, Mid-Corporate and US Corporate business segments as well as Food, Beverage, Agriculture & Restaurant, Gaming and GovCon industry verticals within the Middle Market Bank.. The Project Manager for DI UW&PM will manage various reporting, analytical, project, and audit related responsibilities. This role will interface with leaders across UW, Credit and Sales and will represent DI UW&PM on horizontal initiatives between Sales, Credit, and Operations.
- Lead various UW&PM activities in coordination with team (e.g. special / ad hoc project requests), such as, managing project timelines and deliverables, helping to define scope / solutions, coordinating across functions and obtaining support/approvals as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining data trend analysis on the underlying portfolios. Help to identify delinquencies in terms of reporting / portfolio management requirements. Reinforce and monitor delinquency / completion of
- annual reviews, risk ratings, financial statement spreading, covenant tracking, etc.
- Serve as point person / coordinator for various audit requests (Credit Review, OCC, SNC, Corporate Audit) with timely identification and remediation of regulatory findings, observations, issues and events.
- Identify existing UW&PM processes that can be simplified and drive change
- Provide assistance with staffing matters (office/logistics, capacity tracking).
- Pipeline assistance – help coordinate approval meetings, staffing metrics, forward looking approval projections.
- Assist with team building initiatives and ambassador feedback coordination.
- Coordinate with team/partners on quarterly portfolio reviews, annual segment reviews, new product launches.
- Help prepare content for periodic team meetings.
- Monitor and track adherence to training requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
- Preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
- Understanding of underwriting and portfolio management processes and routines
- Familiarity with bank regulatory matter and audit processes/requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Financial Services experience
- At least 5 years of project management experience or at least 5 years of consulting experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- At least 5 years of underwriting or portfolio management experience
- Experience with Data analysis and workflow management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.