Sr. Electrical Engineer (CHI 19125)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Sr. Electrical Engineer
The Senior Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Senior Engineer’s perform basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Senior Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of electrical systems design experience in a consulting organization
- Knowledge of single line & schematic diagrams, P&IDs and NEC standards
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems, and hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.