PAC Social Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62701
The Social Worker will perform clinical and operational processes related to transition / coordination of care and utilization / case management of Post-Acute Care services including but not limited to long term acute care, skilled nursing and inpatient rehab facilities, home health care, DME, care management, and utilization review. Responsibilities include:
- Implementation, evaluation and coordination of the plan of care for all assigned patients.
- Assist in the development of the discharge plan.
- Assist with transportation, speaking with members, caregivers, healthcare professionals and participating in care management meetings.
- Identify progress toward desired care outcomes; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected discharge plan; reviewing the care plan, along with targeted length of stay date with the direct care providers to transition to appropriate level of care.
- Monitor delivery and utilization of care by participating with Medical Directors in Case Conferences as indicated.
Minimum Experience Required
- Current unrestricted LCSW, LMSW or MSW licensure
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience with at least 3 years managed care experience
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in utilization management desired
- Home health, SNF, and/or rehab experience desired
- Medicare/Medicaid managed care programs preferred
- Position can be remote in the Chicago, IL, area. Will be expected to travel to faciliities on an as needed basis.
- Position is full-time during core business hours with the ability to work any shift between 8am and 5pm CST,
- Ability to sit at a desk 50% of the time and utilize the computer, telephone, and other office equipment, throughout the entire work day; walking and standing
- Dependable and reliable work schedule is essential
- Field position requires use of own vehicle for travel 50% of time to onsite facilities and onsite participation in multi-disciplinary meetings
- Time-management: Ability to effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently Excellent organizational skills
- Communication: Ability to provide clear verbal and written information via in-person, email, and phone to customers, co-workers, and leadership
- Critical-Thinking/Decision-making: Ability to choose a course of action or developing appropriate solutions by identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities
- Autonomy: Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Proficient in computer literacy skills with ability to use and troubleshoot Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Experience using videoconferencing systems such as WebEx
Our Company and What We Offer
eviCore healthcare is committed to making a positive impact on healthcare, and also making a positive impact on our employees. eviCore offers a variety of perks and benefits including, but not limited to:
- Flexible scheduling and work/life balance with remote and work from home opportunities
- 3 weeks of PTO per year plus paid holidays
- Education assistance, tuition reimbursement and professional certifications
- Health, dental, vision, and life benefits with employer funded HSA
- Comprehensive employee discount program, onsite fitness facilities, and smart casual dress code
- Paid Volunteer Community Service Days
- Ample opportunities for growth, advancement, and promotion
- 401k retirement plan with company match of 50% employee contributions up to 6%
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO