Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60532
Patrick Engineering is a nationwide engineering and design, construction management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies, private and public utilities, and Fortune 500 companies.
We offer excellent benefits, compensation programs, and career development opportunities. We are always seeking exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients.
We have the following position available:
The Contract Administrator is responsible for assisting project managers, construction managers, and division managers to assess project risk, develop and review contracts and subcontracts that limit undue risk to the company while meeting the overall business objectives of the company. This individual will be expected to collaborate early with project managers, construction managers, and division managers to develop appropriate negotiations strategies and prepare the teams for negotiation with clients and subcontractors. The Contract Administrator is expected to work closely with the appropriate manager to proactively identify and manage change to minimize adverse exposure for the company. Other duties include advising the managers on any project-specific insurance needs and conduct project audits on a regular basis to ensure compliance and limit exposure.
To build the organization’s bench strength, the Contract Administrator will be expected to develop and conduct training and mentoring sessions with new project managers and construction managers on proper contracting practices, how to plan and execute effective negotiation sessions with clients and subcontractors, identifying proper insurance requirements, and coaching teams to practice proactive change management.
- Perform contract risk reviews and work with project managers, construction managers, and division managers to develop appropriate negotiations strategies and prepare teams for negotiations
- Assist project managers and construction managers in the development of proper subcontracts
- Perform contract and subcontract compliance audits and work with division operations managers to correct variances
- Provide change management/claims support to project managers
- Assist project managers at startup and closeout to ensure that all contractual and insurance obligations (including any project-specific insurance requirements) have been met
- Provide support to project managers, construction managers, and project teams during the procurement stage of projects
- Develop and conduct regular training and mentoring sessions on proper contracting methods and agreement structure, negotiations preparations and role-playing, proper insurance practices, and how identify early and manage change proactively
- JD required
- 10-15+ years of construction law experience required
- Strong communication and mentoring skills required
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a part of a multi-discipline team
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized,), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.