Career Planner I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61821
Regional Planning Commission/Career Planner I (Youth Workforce Development/Young Adult Reentry Program)
As soon as possible.
• High school diploma/G.E.D. with at least 5 years’ experience applicable to the program. Degree in social service, education, human resource management or related area is will be given preference. A combination of education and training may be considered.
• Individuals with prior criminal records are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be required to complete an Illinois State Police and Department of Children and Family Services background check.
• Strong background in customer services and human services with program’s target population working with persons age 18-24 whom have been involved in the justice system through various means, i.e. previous incarceration, under court supervision of the court etc…
• Valid driver’s license and ability to transport clients.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate client scheduling needs including periodic evenings and weekends.
• Knowledge of continuing education options including high school, trade and college.
• Understands steps to implement to work toward gainful employment for individuals lacking employment history
• Advanced computer skills needed to complete case documentation, data entry and timesheets.
• Knowledge of local economic and employment opportunities.
• Knowledge of public assistance programs, including eligibility and application process.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Professionalism and ability to facilitate and resolve stressful interactions with clients
• Ability to set work priorities and organize effectively to meet deadlines.