Production Operator - FMC - Wyoming, IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wyoming, IL 61491
FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is one of the world-s foremost diversified chemical companies with leading positions in agricultural, industrial, and consumer markets. FMC is 5,000+ employees strong with an annual sales volume of $3.3 billion, and provides innovative solutions, applications and market-leading products for three (3) distinct business segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals.
Together with team member, responsible for the safe operation of equipment to process materials into finished goods and to package and prepare finished goods for distribution. Able to commit to a common purpose and set of related performance goals for which the group holds itself jointly accountable.
1. Product batch making
- Safely produce product within the scheduled demand time
- Charge the system with the appropriate materials according to the product recipe PWO-s
- Pull off product from the batch and package into the appropriate vessels
- Troubleshoot equipment on an as needed basis
- Log the process and product data in the appropriate database or data system
- Interface with the process line OLC-s and computer databases throughout the production process
- Pull samples of the finished product for analysis
2. Packaging of finished products – safely and efficiently package finished goods for distribution
- Set up and operate packaging equipment according to packaging and product requirements
- Label boxes and containers appropriately to match product need
- Sample finished goods as needed for laboratory analysis
- Check packaged product weights for accuracy using scale equipment
- Confirm and log batch identification data
- Palletize product boxes, totes and U-turns and warehouse as appropriate
3. Process monitoring and personnel guidance – ensure the safe operation of equipment through process application and safe behavior work actions
- Ensure that all team members follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for appropriate plant processes (Formulation production, packaging, warehousing, maintenance, etc.) through observation and feedback.
- Ensure that all team members follow the appropriate safety procedures at the plant through observation and feedback and safe work permit and hot permit use.
- Communicate with team members about process problems, personnel issues, process improvement ideas and safety issues to ensure proper problem resolution.
- Team is responsible to keep areas clear of clutter, trash and environmental hazards
4. Perform equipment and general maintenance on an as needed basis
- Fabricate plant equipment and building/process structure on an as needed basis (e.g. duct work, ladders, dikes, etc.) – will need to utilize carpentry, masonry and welding skills
- Provide preventative maintenance on process and plant equipment on an as needed basis
- Clean out process and packaging equipment including dismantling and making routine and non-routine repairs during a product change
5. Support shipping to ensure proper warehousing or products and to meet on-time shipping and off hour deliveries.
- Load and unload freight trucks in the absence of shipping/receiving team.
- Move stock using a fork truck to the appropriate warehousing location.
- Prepare products for shipping by attaching the appropriate prepared paperwork and receive verification of receipts by freight drivers.
High School diploma or GED or ten (10) years Manufacturing or Industrial experience.
2+ Years of Manufacturing Experience required. Previous Forklift experience preferred
Ability to work 12 hours shifts, and be able to work either day or night shift.
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
Please call Kelly Services at 309-679-0681 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information about this opportunity.
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Required Education: High School diploma or GED or ten (10) years Manufacturing or Industrial experience. Qualifications: 2+ Years of Manufacturing Experience required. Previous Forklift experience preferredAbility to work 12 hours shifts, and be able to work either day or night shift.