Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60504
Operates equipment used to manufacture products. Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to ensure that batches manufactured contain proper ingredients in proper quantities. Maintains inventory records of raw materials used in batch manufacturing. Keeps accurate and up-to-date batch records and data sheets on batches in process. Performs in-process tests (such as hardness, weight, variation, pH and moisture content) to ensure that batches meet specifications. Recognizes equipment and product problems, notifies supervisor and/or troubleshoots errors in order to achieve optimum production levels.
The Manufacturing Associate will safely complete the duties of production, shipping and receiving, preventative maintenance and improvement teams for polishing pad manufacturing and slurry manufacturing, as assigned. Specific duties include operating manufacturing machinery, product inspection and quality testing, and computer entry. Opportunities are primarily on second and third shifts.
The key responsibilities of the Manufacturing Associate are:
- Operate equipment such as CNC machines, laminators, mixers, pumps moving liquids, and die presses
- Chemical handling and batch making
- Data entry and record keeping
- Quality testing and inspections
- Participation in continuous improvement and safety teams and activities
- Proactive foreseeing of potential problems with production and equipment. Identify and resolve abnormal situations with assistance
- Able to work within a fast paced team environment that requires cooperation and communication among all associates
- Perform filling operations, which include start up, sanitization, calibration of systems and scales, and in-line quality checks. Also, performs minor troubleshooting functions on equipment
- Prepare finished product for shipment. Load and unload trailers, containers and small package carriers
- Perform miscellaneous production and warehouse related tasks (for example, cycle count, preventive maintenance, housekeeping, inventory, incident investigation)
Education: High diploma or GED, Preferred Associates Degree
Skills: Technical – Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and materials handling. Computer – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); experienced in ERP systems data entry.
Experience: 1 to 3 years of production experience in a manufacturing environment.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 2:30pm – 10:30pm
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.