Engineering Manager - Materials Development >B
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Engineering Manager – Materials Development >B in Lake Forest, IL at Reynolds Consumer Products
Job Title: Engineering Manager – Materials Development >B
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products… a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Materials Development Engineering Manager to join our team at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
As a Materials Development Engineering Manager, you will apply materials science engineering fundamental principles to solve the technical challenges primarily related to plastics thermoforming, injection molding, and molded fiber manufacturing. You will serve as a material expert with interactions including raw material suppliers, procurement, research and development, and manufacturing. This is a high visibility position which can impact new product development, production targets, and financial goals and requires high levels of communication skills and data manipulation. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain relationships with current and potential material suppliers, provide detailed technical guidance in material selection for new and current products.
- Drive root cause understanding to improve yield and product quality, reduce costs, improve product attributes and enable new products.
- Plans and directs material projects from lab or pilot scale through development and commercialization.
- Participates in cost studies and equipment recommendations.
- Provides guidance and material expertise to assist manufacturing engineers and/or tool designers.
- Provides input for manufacturing assembly costs for new product quotes.
- Develop testing regimen and process simulations to extend knowledge base and prove/disprove hypotheses.
- Prepare project schedules, document all project findings in internal, structured reports.
- Maintain high quality engineering principles, including extensive use of statistics, structured problem-solving methods such as FMEA, KT, DOE, and DMAIC six sigma tools.
- Measure and communicate performance against objectives.
In this exciting role, you will use your knowledge and skills to help us make improvements and design processes that ensure long term success.
We need you to have:
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Prior project management experience
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel
Icing on the cake:
- Plastics manufacturing background, especially in Blown Film Extrusion
- Process engineering experience with operational improvements
- Understanding of SAP and CMMS system software
Want to know more? Check out our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
Apply today to join a fast-growing innovative company!
Not a good fit but know someone who is? Please refer them!
Local candidates only, no relocation assistance available
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email .
No recruiter calls or emails please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability