Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
West Chicago, IL 60185
West Chicago, IL (Far Western Suburbs)
$14.00 – $14.40 Per Hour
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Work Hours:
10:00pm – 6:00am
To safely operate powered material handling equipment as required by assigned department.
This position is a 3rd shift position working in our powder fill, high speed packaging department. The hours are 10:00pm – 6:00am, Monday – Friday and Saturday’s as required. In this role one will be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week, as scheduled. Overtime is required and scheduled based upon individual job responsibilities and the needs of the department.
- Conform to Jel Sert safety procedures, GMP requirements and work instructions.
- Pick and load product onto trailers as specified on bill of lading paperwork.
- Unload and stage product and/or materials from trailers as specified on bill of lading paperwork.
- Set up and remove production materials from production lines.
- Transport finished product from production lines.
- Report any safety and quality issues to shift supervisor and or lead.
- Perform other similar work as required such as performing accurate cycle counts.
- May be required to perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Keep work area(s) clean and free of safety hazards.
FOOD SAFETY/QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follow applicable work procedures and instruction; final inspection of product and trucks (Distribution Center) and monitor quality control points (QCP’s).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
Ability to Operate forklift and other similar powered industrial equipment in a safe and efficient manner while causing minimal damage to finished product and materials. Ability to successfully complete forklift certification training and exam. Good oral and written English skills, complete understanding of GMP and Jel Sert safety procedures and policies. Must be able to correctly follow warehouse management system procedures and utilize related equipment such as scanners. No previous experience required.
Manufacturing/Distribution and fast paced environment, a full range of motion is required (reaching and lifting), Lifting up to 50lbs., standing or sitting for the duration of a shift (8 or more hours), continuous work, ability to work independently, Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of The Jel Sert Company to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.