Postdoctoral Research Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
North Chicago, IL 60064
The Center for Cancer Cell Biology, Immunology & Infection at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science invite applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate position in the Laboratory for Dr. Gustavo Martinez (https://rosalindfranklin.edu/academics/faculty/gustavo-j-martinez/). The Postdoctoral Research Associate will study the role of transcriptional regulation of T cells, in particular the generation of effector, memory and hyporesponsive states upon viral or bacterial infections and cancer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As part of a group of scholars studying adaptive immunity, conduct independent research projects that contribute to the group’s studies.
- Unsupervised planning and execution of experiments, data collection and analysis and help in the preparation of manuscripts and/or grants.
- Conduct the following specific research projects independently:
1) Work with mice: immunizations, infections with viruses/bacteria, injection of tumor cells via different routes, tissue harvesting, tissue processing and interpretation/analysis of data.
2) Efficient management of mouse colony of different genetic strains including extensive record keeping, breeder setup, ear tagging, tail snipping, euthanizing, and genotyping.
3) Perform a variety of techniques and assays including DNA/RNA prep (including next-generation sequencing experiments such as ATAC-seq, RNA-seq and ChIP-seq), genotyping, PCR, ELISA, Western blot, cloning, culturing bacteria, mammalian tissue culture experiments, cell line maintenance and multicolor flow cytometry.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned or delegated.
Required Education & Experience:
Ph.D. in biomedical sciences, with preference to molecular biology or immunology.
At least 4/5 years minimum experience in molecular biology and/or immunology techniques
Must achieve a background check clearance
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
- Proficiency in common computer programs such as Illustrator, Prism or equivalent, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, to manage time effectively, and to follow instructions and protocols.
- Ability to collect and analyze data independently and as a team.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to set priorities and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work productively with diverse populations; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Experience in the handling of mice and performing in vivo experiments
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.