Regional BIM / Digital Design Manager - Structures
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti, in an effort to further unify our global BIM production strategy, is seeking candidates for the position of Regional BIM Manager. Candidates chosen for this role will be a critical part of the Digital Design team and will be key players in the development and implementation of our Digital Design strategy. The candidate will work with office directors and project managers to oversee BIM staff in the assigned office and region, and to execute BIM QA/QC on projects, ensuring compliance with modeling and drawing standards.
Leadership & Strategy:
- Influence and implement global BIM/Digital Design strategy and workflows
- Assess staff skills to identify training needs
- Mentor BIM staff in their career paths
- Implement corporate BIM standards within your Region
- Assist with Requests For Proposal and BIM Execution Plan responses
- Participate in our corporate BIM Production Committee
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of BIM standards
- Primary contact for Revit project and first-line support
- Revit family creation and template improvements
- Revit model QA/QC
- Assist with development and execution of BIM training curriculum
- Project workflow assessment to ensure staff are utilizing the best tools for the task
- Attend BIM kickoff and coordination meetings
Required Project Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Revit user (Autodesk Certified a plus)
- 10+ years in BIM-related position, supporting AEC documentation practices with a focus on structural design documentation
- 5+ years leading BIM project teams in Revit (including geometrically complex, large, or multi-building projects)
- Authoring technical documentation such as standards and workflow
- Familiar with document production in AutoCAD / Microstation
- Certifications in other software or programs a plus (CM-BIM, etc…)
Preferred Software Experience:
Familiarity with the administration of the following software packages / tools:
- Revit (advanced knowledge required)
- BIM 360 and Revit Server
- Navisworks, AutoCAD, Microstation, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, Tekla Structures, and other BIM-related tools a plus
- MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This is a full-time position as the Regional BIM Manager for the Midwest. There is some flexibility in your preferred home office within the region. A complete listing of the regions is included below:
- East; New York City, Newark, Boston, Portland (ME), Toronto, and Mississauga
- Mid-Atlantic and South; Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Washington D.C.
- Midwest; Chicago, Kansas City, and Denver
- West; Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle
- Europe; London, Edinburgh, Romsey, Warrington
- Pacific Rim; Shanghai, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City, and Mumbai.
Each region also includes a number of satellite offices, where minimal BIM work is performed.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.