Senior Internal Controls Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bannockburn, IL 60015
Senior Internal Controls Analyst
- Job ID .#:35979
- Position Type:Full-Time
- Education Required:Bachelors Degree
- Experience Required:Not Indicated
- Functional Area:Finance
- Relocation Provided:No
Position Description:The Senior Analyst Internal Controls will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization.
Key Job Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order.
1) Key Responsibilities – Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle, including annual top-down scoping and risk assessment and establishment of Risk and Controls Matrices, including annual documentation refresh and design evaluation.
• Support the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring.
• Perform self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring and training of accounting personnel.
• Collaborate with other mega processes (i.e. OTC, STP, HTR) to assure leading practice internal control over financial reporting (i.e. automated, preventive, continuous controls monitoring environment).
• Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing methodologies, prioritization, influencing and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on broader corporate/business unit initiatives (e.g. Business Transformation). More specifically, End-to-End Global Process Owners and Leads interaction especially as it relates to Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (i.e. OTC, STP, ATR, ATR, HTR).
• Work on special projects identified by senior management to find strategic solutions to issues facing a growing international company. This includes participation in control design / redesign work due to transactions..
• Develop future-state process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices as part of the Company’s implementation of a Global SAP system.
2) Internal Controls Center of Excellence (COE)
• Assist management with remediation plan development, execution and support for control owners. • Work with the BU/region and Internal Audit to remediate internal control deficiencies.
• Participate in Internal Audit process walkthroughs, to act as “knowledge resource” and to gain an understanding of the current processes and controls.
• Build a deep understanding of future-state processes and internal controls to support the roll-out of globally harmonized controls supported by a state-of-the-art IT environment.
• Assist in the remediation of Segregation of Duties (SOD) matters for the SOX systems.
• Communicate/coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit to determine the level of expectation for remediation.
• Identify resource constraints, lack of expertise and lack of remediation priority.
• Identify and share Best Practices among the team and disseminate globally.
Position Requirements:Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 3+ years of Internal Controls experience, preferably including a minimum of 2 years of public accounting
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
• Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company
• Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, managers and senior leaders competently and effectively.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.