Senior SOC Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
What We’ll Bring:
This role is a senior member of the TransUnion Global Threat Operations Center, which includes SOC analysts and incident handlers as well as folks responsible for red teaming, intelligence analysis, and technical threat researchers. This role will focus on proactive monitoring and alert enhancements when not leading SOC response efforts to complex attacks against TransUnion.
The position is located in Chicago with a flexible schedule including the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week. This is a growing team and this position will have a significant role in shaping it. While not a management position, other analysts will follow your lead operationally.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Incident Response experience (identifying, investigating and responding to complex attacks)
- Strong host forensics analysis skills
- Experience with investigative technologies such as SIEM, packet capture analysis and
memory analysis tools
- Strong understanding of threat landscape in terms of the tools, tactics, and techniques of
threats employing both commodity and custom malware
- Understanding of networking and security fundamentals and administration of Windows,
Unix/Linux, and Macintosh
- Intermediate Python skills a plus
- Reverse engineering skills a plus
Impact You’ll Make:
- Technical lead for SOC monitoring and response efforts leveraging threat intelligence, forensics and automation capabilities
- Mentor and share expertise with junior SOC staff
- Design and build custom tools for investigations and research capabilities
- Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies
- Participation in SOC emergency on call rotation escalated up from 24 × 7 SOC monitoring
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.