Senior Process Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Warrenville, IL 60555
FUEL TECH, INC.
Fuel Tech Inc. (FTI) is a leading technology company engaged in the worldwide development and application of multi-pollutant emissions control systems, enabling customers to produce energy in a cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner. Our technologies are applied to units where coal, natural gas, heavy oil, biomass, municipal waste, and other fuels are utilized. With more than 20 years of experience and over 1,000 APC system installations worldwide, we engineer custom-designed systems to meet our customers’ specific requirements.
Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Warrenville, Illinois. We are currently searching for a Senior Process Engineer (SCR). This is a U.S. home-based office position. However, if candidate is local, office space will be provided in Warrenville, Illinois at Corporate Headquarters.
This is a technical individual contributor role within the Process Engineering department specifically focusing on Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Systems. The Senior Process Engineer has the higher level education and/or industry experience that establishes the employee as a seasoned practitioner in the assigned role. While output will be checked by a manager, consistently high quality independent work is expected.
· Assigned projects related to SCR systems with associated complex tasks that require a scientific-and/or engineering-based solution to meet customer requirements.
· Utilizes computer tools, spreadsheets, graphics, design tables, databases and other methods to produce viable, creative solutions.
· Formulates a resolution plan for approval and executes the plan to produce the desired outcome; seeks technical support of peers, managers and industry experts as required.
· Maintains understanding of Fuel Tech Inc. (FTI) technologies, engineering methods and materials required in the execution of those technologies.
· Follows engineering standards, design basis, accepted industry practices, quality verification of work product and related technical and administrative control procedures.
· Contributes to the continuous improvement of FTI products and/or reduce costs.
· Prepares reports, white papers and reporting tools as required to keep the company apprised of key metrics and project status.
· Adheres to FTI policies and procedures, safety and quality programs and company objectives and core values.
· Maintains awareness of technical developments in the industry related to FTI technologies and suggests the adoption of new technology or methods as appropriate.
· Does not directly supervise employees.
Education and Experience
Requires a BS in Engineering or a MS in Science, a PE License is desirable but not required. Proven proficiency with most of the given tools and disciplines of the position is required, and the ability to learn quickly those tools that are new. Significant study or experience with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems and experience with utility boilers, industrial furnaces, combustion systems, and related equipment is required. Requires a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated project or process engineering experience with evidence of increasing responsibilities and proficiency with technically complex projects.
Advanced knowledge of scientific principles, methods and their application to practical process problems. Strong engineering skills, the ability to use complicated spreadsheets, and advanced computer tools to model and solve assigned projects.
Works and thinks independently, able to reason logically and make/recommend sound technical decisions. Synthesizes complex and/or diverse information; collects and researches data; Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into clear and professional reports and presentations, uses feedback to modify designs and solutions. Demonstrates attention to detail, professional maturity, and emerging leadership/mentoring qualities. Identifies and resolves complex technical problems in a timely manner. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Travel (up to 15%), and may involve extended periods of two weeks in the field and/or international travel. Provides technical expertise and support to sales team for new business development. Ability to follow safe work practices in industrial environments for short periods of time in support of field data gathering, troubleshooting, and new process implementation
Familiar with Detailed Structural Drawings, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Logic Diagrams, and other engineering documentation.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling experience is preferred but not required.
CAD experience preferred but not required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical data and information.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Presents information and responds to questions from peers, clients, senior management, regulators and external engineering professionals and vendors.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for the position, please click on the following link –