Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL, IL 60077
Our client, a manufacturer in the Skokie area, seeks a Senior Cost Accountant. This individual MUST have an Accounting degree.
In this capacity, you will be working with production and engineering personnel to identify ways to improve labor efficiencies and cost reporting using the standard cost method. Ability to work with other professionals in a diverse work environment is imperative. The qualified candidate will also play a major role in facilitating the transition from our current integrated software to Epicor ERP systems; this will require rigorous training and commitment to meet our scheduled implementation date.
Primary emphases will be to maintain cost accounting system(s) and find creative solutions that correspond with continuous improvements in processes and reporting methods. This can be an excellent opportunity to excel during a period of dynamic growth.
• Break-even analysis
• Coordinate activities related to standard cost accounting objectives
• Complete government quarterly reports
• Cost Variance analysis
• Fixed asset accounting
• Maintain accurate and complete records of temporary (outside) direct labor as well as in house mfg. labor to support our standard labor rates
• Provide material/labor support for government firm fixed price proposals
• Maintain current and standard costs
• Minimal travel required
• Other project requests as needed
• PBC preparation for annual audit
• Prepare cost of sales and capital budgets