Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60202
Our client, located in the Evanston area, is looking for an Electrical Technician to join their tool room team. Your job will consist of: installing electrical wiring, troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment, repairing electrical fixtures and control equipment. Also, you will partake in preventative maintenance program where electrical work is needed. Other tool room activities will be assigned as needed. Job requires hands-on skills and the ability to work independently. Prior work experience on electrical systems is a big plus however, onsite training will be provided.
• Install electrical apparatus: sensors, switches, panels …
• Maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems
• Maintain acid batteries by adding distilled water
• Change batteries in alternator test stands as needed
• Up keep testing equipment: in line oilers, air regulators, and other manufacturing environment tools, equipment and infrastructure.
• Perform general electrical maintenance
• Replace heating elements in trickle machine
• Maintain hand lifts: batteries, damaged wires, hydraulic apparatus, mechanical components
• Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices
• Troubleshoot hard logic systems
• Read and prepare blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete projects
• Fix: soldering pots, soldering irons and power supplies
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to identify the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.