Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60618
• Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
• Must wear a two-way radio for ease of communication between departments
• Must wear appropriate safety gear while on the floor (glasses, safety boots, hard hat, etc.)
• When applicable, must properly lock out (LOTO) machine when working on equipment
• Reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor
• Answer production trouble calls in a prompt and courteous manner
• Diagnose and repair equipment in a timely manner
• Use PC to diagnose machine problems
• Complete all daily assigned preventive maintenance tasks in a reasonable time.
• Complete all paperwork by shift end (Daily Activity Sheet, WO, and PM forms).
• Ensure parts are ordered promptly: to replenish stock or in preparation for project.
• Support Supervisors/Management and strive to improve operations/processes.
• Weld and fabricate as needed
• Work with sub contractors to complete all projects on time.
• Work as team player with all maintenance personnel and other departments.
• Aid in training of new personnel with the direction of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor
• Keep abreast of new technology in the maintenance field.
• Maintenance Team members must remain proactive
• Perform rebuilds, WO’s, PM’s, or assist other maintenance team members when idle