Spring Coiling Machinist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
1. * Review manufacturing order, job card and print to determine machine to set, material needs, spring configuration and dimensions.
2. * Request material required and verify material received with job print for accuracy.
3. * Pull required tooling based on wire size.
4. * Tear down previous setup and place tools in proper location.
5. * Plan setup, locate, position and secure tooling in place, (place wire coil on payoff reel and feed into machine).
6. * Run sample springs to set proper outside and/or inside diameter, amount of wire feed, variable diameters, pitch and type of spring ends, and make necessary diameter, tooling and feed adjustments.
7. Check and submit sample springs to supervisor and Quality Department for approval to run job.
8. * Operate and monitor machine operation, inspect and chart part dimensions and load as required, and make necessary machine adjustments to maintain part quality standards.
9. * Stress relieve springs as prescribed if in-line oven is used.
10. Move material to grinding or inspection area with required paperwork and arrange for excess material to be returned to stock.
11. * Notify supervisor or designated personnel of unusual part, equipment or material problems.
12. * Properly and safely use machine tools, band saw, micrometers, dial caliper, load test equipment, gauge pins, height gauge, comparator, hand truck, hand pallet jack and hand tools.
13. * Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
14. * Train new hires, apprentices and less experienced setter/operators, as directed/required.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.