Lead Application Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
The Lead Application Developer works with business analysts, project managers, developers and QA team. A major contributor in architecture, design, backlog management, planning and development of scalable resilient hybrid Cloud-based solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; guiding and helping developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions. The Application Developer will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in a project environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively participates in leading requirement analysis and reviews, identifies missing or incomplete requirements.
• Actively participates in design of highly performing, scalable, secure, reliable and cost optimized solutions.
• Must always look for assumptions made in the models and must always validate those assumptions of the models.
• Actively participates in Architecture, POCs, design activities to identify missing, incomplete or inaccurate design assumptions or design choices.
• Primarily responsibility is leading application design and development activities of big data application in agreed architecture framework and highly agile environment
• Thoroughly analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
• Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
• Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
• Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
• Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
• Learn our business domain and technology infrastructure quickly and share your knowledge freely and proactively with others in the team.
• Mentor junior developers on the team
• Lead daily standups and design reviews
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
• 7+ years of technical experience building enterprise data-centric solutions
• Solid advance level understanding of Java 8+ programming with experienced using Multithreading, Collections, Streams API and functional programming in real enterprise projects.
• Expert working knowledge of SQL and scripting such as Python, Shell etc.
• Experienced with Confluence, Jira and other agile management process and tools
• Hands-on experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Kubernetes, Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink, Apache Beam etc.
• Hands-on experience with any one distributed data stores HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, AWS Dynamo DB etc.
• Hands-on experience with any one distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
• Hands-on experience with in-depth understanding of AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3, KMS, AWS CLI, Networking, AWS Security and IAM etc.
• Experience with Big Data architectures and BI solutions
• Expert working knowledge of DevOps tools Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
• Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills, resourcefulness and strong researching skills
• Proficient in Oral and Written communications
• Fundamental understanding of web protocols HTTP 2, TLS 1.2, WebSocket, MQTT etc.
• Fundamental understanding of modern API technologies such OIC, OAuth, HTTP, REST & gRPC etc.
• Experience in technical support, case prioritization, SLA compliance, and quality
• Experience in deploying and managing distributed systems and clusters
Education and/or Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
Certificates or Licenses:
• OCP Java SE 8 Programmer Certification is a plus
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level is a plus