Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago IL , IL 60642
Client Position Title: Senior Trade Compliance Analyst
Position Number: 327125
Location: Chicago, IL 60642
Desired Skill Set:
Compliance, Logistics, SAP, SharePoint, SME, Supply Chain
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Sr. Trade Compliance Analyst
Location: Chicago IL 60642
Start Date: 10/28/19
End Date: 5/24/20
• The incumbent is expected to be an interface between freight forwarders, Government agencies, customs brokers and Client affiliates in regards to trade compliance. This person will be responsible for the following key areas: Expert knowledge of, & ability to apply laws and regulations related to trade compliance business activity in the Americas; must be proficient working with, and the requirements of, trade authorities globally; must be proficient working with compliance software and SAP; audits of import and export documentation, recordkeeping, and classification of internationally shipped goods. Must be able to think strategically and drive large scale projects to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (each item should account for 10% or more)
• Ideate and Implement Compliance Activities
• Lead projects and execute Client import/export compliance program – activities may include, but are not limited to, creation and implementation of programs to comply with customs regulations across US, CA, MX, valuation, assist tracking, CTPAT, and roll-out and training of associates on new trade policies.
• Ensure continuous improvement of compliance activities through leadership of cross-segment and cross-functional projects.
• Manage relationship with customs brokers and freight forwarders. Act as primary business stakeholder and collaborate with C@MTT on brokerage sourcing initiatives.
• Perform audits of Free Trade Agreement forms to ensure compliance with FTA programs including but not limited to NAFTA, Korea, Chile, CAFTA, and US-Australia Free Trade Agreement. Ensure eligibility and record retention requirements are met. May generate FTA certificates.
• Communicate new requirements to Client associates via training, newsletters, and SOP creation
• Utilize Trade Compliance Software to perform audits of import/export entries, and where software may not be utilized, complete manual audits of import/export requirements, developing .xls tools where needed.
• Monitor procedures used by other Client manufacturing facilities and vendors to ensure compliance with U.S. and other governmental trade regulations.
• Perform investigations pertaining to trade compliance with applicable import/ export laws.
• Conduct audits to ensure compliance with import/export documentation retention.
• Other audit activities as assigned by the Trade Compliance Manager or Operations Manager.
• Update the Customs Compliance SharePoint as needed.
• Create and update SOP’s to ensure documented policies reflect current practice.
• 2nd Level review of HTS classification of items and maintenance of classification database in accordance with Customs procedures.
• Manage broker performance and participate in broker reviews.
• Respond to business/SME requests for assistance and provide internal consulting
• Continue skill development in project management, trade compliance and regulatory issues.
• Identify new procedures/methods to continuously improve and expedite clearance and cost avoidance for import/export shipments
Additional Job Details:
• DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
• Facilitate resolution of and make decisions regarding trade compliance issues and problems that arise in connection with business activities involving Client units
• Drive and ideate programs to identify and implement cost savings opportunities, including tariff risk mitigation.
• Provide expert consultations to internal customers on import/export requirements, tariff systems and other customs-related matters to mitigate compliance risks.
• Ideate corrective actions in response to audit results and hold affiliates, suppliers, and brokers accountable for compliance.
• Create and execute business procedures, best practices and internal controls necessary to ensure customs compliance to minimize business and legal risk, including creation of SOP’s and documented procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS Education/Training Minimum:
• Solid computer skills;
• proficiency in SAP Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or International Studies.
• Customs Brokers License,
• Expertise in Excel,
• Trade Attorney
• 5 years of international logistics and trade compliance in consumer products or food manufacturing environment OR
• Customs brokerage experience
• Experience working with FDA products or USDA,
• Project manager experience,
• Export controls experience,
• Meat or agricultural experience
• Effective communicator;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal
• Skills enabling the incumbent to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
• Standing Alone,
• Decision Quality,
• Comfort with Ambiguity,
• Problem Solving,
• Conflict Management,
• Peer Relationships
• Expert level Trade Compliance and Logistics knowledge
• Chemical, food, Meat, USDA experience, machinery classification expertise + global FTA knowledge.
• 3 years experience in export controls.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)