Automotive Lead Master Technician / Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC operates more than 2,200 stores and employs over 22,000 teammates. Our brands include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires and Wheel Works. We are one of the most trusted automotive care providers – join our team today! Your knowledge as an automotive lead technician/mechanic is EXACTLY what we need.
The Advanced Technician/Mechanic position requires your experience and technical expertise to diagnose drivability and electrical systems, while using your leadership and mentoring skills in driving a team toward increased customer care and satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities for Advanced Technician
- Diagnose and repair to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals
- Stay current with rapidly changing automotive technology through continuous paid formal training
- Assist and train technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities
Minimum Requirements for Advanced Technician
- Reading, writing and math skills
- Must have a valid automobile driver’s license at all times and be able to drive customer and company vehicles
- Must have a minimum 5 years of automotive repair experience, completion of Vocational-Technical School program in a related field or demonstrated skills via third party certificates/assessment
- S.E. certification in at least 5 (five) of A1-A8 (L1 can be one of the five) is required. (New hires with external similar qualifications/certifications will have up to 2 years of employment to comply)
- Maintains Federal, State and Local certification/license where applicable
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.”